Assistant Director of Procurement & Stores
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||063 - Procurement|
|Description:||Assist with the management of the Procurement and Inventory Departments by planning, directing and coordinating daily activities to ensure the timely and efficient procurement of services and materials to meet the needs of SORTA. Serve as a lead resource for the Procurement and Inventory Departments during solicitation, procurement and administration of contracts for goods and services, including construction. Oversee compliance with SORTA's policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations. Assist in preparation of Board action items as requested.|
Ensure acquired goods and services are of the specified quality, at reasonable prices and delivered on-time by utilizing appropriate procurement methods.
Oversee and manage the procurement process, contract administration, and file maintenance for compliance with SORTA, State of Ohio and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements. Participate in preparing for and responding to internal and external audits.
Continually seek out potential vendor sources and ensure that the greatest feasible extent of competition is obtained.
Assist in establishing contractual goals for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise participation and other small and minority-owned business participation.
Lead solicitation processes; facilitate pre-bid and pre-proposal meetings, receive bids and proposals, evaluate and draft responses to protests of the procurement process, oversee and chair the evaluation process, interview and negotiate with proposers and manage award recommendations in accordance with SORTA and FTA requirements
Maintain familiarity with industry standards and conditions and applicable Federal, State, local laws and regulations; ensure that SORTA's Procurement and Inventory Policies and Procedures are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; communicate policies and procedures to others as appropriate.
Investigate, develop and implement cost effective improvements to Purchasing and Inventory Management systems, controls and programs.
Facilitate the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives, monitor results, and recognize employee, department and organization accomplishments.
Oversee the continued development of all Procurement and Storeroom employees to keep them abreast of new technologies and methodologies; oversee and direct the development of employees' skills and understanding of procedures and policies; develop, implement, monitor and oversee adherence to performance standards.
Train SORTA employees and external groups on SORTA's procurement processes.
Assist the Director in the establishment of annual employee performance goals and objectives, and in the evaluation of employee performance.
Assist the Director in the administration of the Union contract.
Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran. Ensure compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
Represent the departments and SORTA at internal and external meetings. Participate in local, state and national professional and industry organizations.
Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
- Five to seven years of related experience in conducting complex competitive procurements, preferably involving Federal and State funding. Experience with working in a unionized environment preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (or similar) suite, including but not limited to Excel, Word and PowerPoint; GroupWise or similar email and calendaring software; and Maximo or similar inventory management and purchasing software; must have the ability to learn new computer programs (software and applications).
- Familiarity with standard public-sector procurement procedures and accounting practices.
- Certified Purchasing Manager or similar certification preferred.
- Communications - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing personal skills and growth requirements; coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving. Takes the initiative in improving agency and departmental processes and procedures.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data; excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.