|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||063 - Procurement|
|Description:||The Inventory Manager is responsible for the purchase, storage and inventory of materials, supplies, and spare parts in support of Metro's operational mission of providing safe and reliable bus service. The manager will oversee all stores and inventory processes and documentation to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws. The manager will supervise the safe and efficient operation of the storerooms including parts ordering, receiving, stocking, tracking, issuance and inventory and will administer all warranty recovery efforts including maintenance of all related documentation. |
- Maintain a high degree of inventory accuracy and a high quality of customer service in managing the daily operation of all storeroom functions.
- Supervise the daily work activities of all parts buyer(s) and storeroom personnel.
- Provide first-step grievance responses as needed.
- Maintain all management reports and metrics necessary to audit the performance of the department and individual employees.
- Ensure that all warranties on parts and equipment are pursued according to contractual or manufacturer's requirements.
- Analyze inventory for obsolescence and surplus materials. Establish procedures for disposition.
- Ensure that storerooms are properly maintained, secured and equipped with the necessary tools.
- Develop and maintain an annual departmental budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable goals compatible with overall organizational financial and operational objectives.
- Develop, implement and administer effective inventory procedures and policies.
- Control costs by utilizing competitive procurement processes, being watchful of wasteful practices, scheduling and reviewing routine cycle counts and periodic physical counts, implementing effective perpetual inventory techniques, and improving existing practices as needed.
- Coordinate the timely ordering of parts, supplies, materials and services, including the managing of long-lead time items and scarce items.
- Prepare, issue and track purchase requests for materials and services within established guidelines and in a timely manner.
- Evaluate quotes, proposals, and bids to ensure the lowest price while meeting all operational technical requirements. Identify actual or potential problems in the quotes, proposals or bids.
- Ensure that appropriate price, cost and value engineering analyses are performed.
- Recommend contract awards and exercising of contract options, and administer all parts contracts.
- Ensure organized and timely follow-up and expediting of materials and services as needed.
- Assist user departments in selecting the most appropriate purchase methods.
- Work with departments to develop purchase specifications, scopes of work, bid evaluation formulas, and proposal evaluation methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable procurement and safety regulations established by Metro, the State of Ohio and the U.S. Government.
- Maximize use of automated tools to track parts usage, determine appropriate inventory levels and facilitate the reordering of parts.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure received parts meet operational requirements.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Materials Management or related field. Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience managing inventory in an automated environment, preferably in a transit or similar operating environment. Minimum of an Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school); A viable combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the active management of a storeroom, utilizing leading-edge materials management techniques and knowledge of the inventory requirements of transit-related facilities and equipment, preferred.
- Experience managing/supervising employees, preferably in a union environment.
- Proficient in the MS Office (or similar) suite, including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint; GroupWise email; Maximo (or similar) inventory management and purchasing modules. Must have the ability to learn new computer programs (software and applications).
- Knowledgeable of standard public-sector procurement procedures and accounting practices preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials and supplies, up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to respond to critical situations and work a flexible schedule as required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.